Friday, January 1, 2010

Sometimes... It's really good to be a guy...

I was traveling back home by bus on Christmas Day 2009. Half an hour after the bus rides past the KL toll gates I go bottoms up on my 500ml bottle of water.

Wrong Move.

Immediately, I realize that going to the bathroom before leaving KL wasn't such a bad idea after all. So i'm thinking... Ok, it's only a two hour plus ride back to ipoh and I'm already one quarter of the way there... I can hold it in! No biggy!

That was like a whole 5 minutes before I hit the first pocket of heavy traffic on the highway. And then, the 2nd thing hits me: EVERYONE IS GOING BACK TODAY! IT"S CHRISTMAS!! GAH!!

The 3rd and following train of thought that went through my mind was: That means... This trip is gonna take longer than I thought...

30 minutes into the slow crawl, the only thing that's running through my mind is: "...toilettoilettoilettoilettoilettoilettoilettoilettoilettoilettoilettoilet..."


Fortunately, I think the bus driver must've read my mind (or other passengers with a similar dilemma like mine) and he made a stop at a nearby Petronas. I made a beeline for the toilet and when I reached I saw A HUGE SNAKING QUEUE from the female toilet. It was like CRAZY long. As I stepped into the men's room, I found an empty urinal straightaway.

Man, at that very moment, I have never been more happy to look at a toilet in my life. I could swear I heard the strains of Ode to Joy as I relieved myself in slow motion.

Yeah I know... It was THAT dramatic. :P

Anyway, I had a lighter step as I came out from the toilet, and guess what... The queue to the ladies had barely budged! And as I walked past the line, I could feel some of their eyes boring into the back of my skull. It was hard to keep a straight face, but I think if I had even let out a small giggle, I would've been mauled to death by angry and pissed (no pun intended) women.

Sigh... Sorry gals. I know its easier for guys lining up at toilets, so I salute your patience.

On the other hand... Its times like these, that I'm really thankful I'm a guy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment